I have made so many of these super cute Light-Up Christmas Village shadow boxes…..they are so much fun to make and I will be gifting several of them as Christmas gifts this year!
I created a tutorial for this project that is available here for $15 if you would like to make your own cute village 🙂
Well I wanted to decorate my house for the holidays this weekend but that didn’t happen. I ran out of weekend 😦 That seems to happen a lot!!! I need more weekend in my life! lol
I was able to sneak in some fun stamping and this is one of the lovelies I created. This was sooo easy and came together in just a few minutes, perfect for a last minute Christmas card for someone special. I love how Stampin’ Up makes it so easy to create something lovely in just a few minutes!
- This card features Designer Series Paper from the Be Merry DSP package. I needed the paper to be slightly toned down and the perfect answer to that was vellum! The vellum has the large snowflakes from Snowflake Sentiments white embossed on it, this gives a soft muted glow to the paper underneath.
- Use what works in your stash…in this case, my ribbon is Real Red and Garden Green but I used Cherry Cobbler ink for the sentiment and Tranquil Tide for the trees. The whole card works even with these color differences since the lines of color in the ribbon are so tiny and delicate.
- You know what makes this card come together so fast? The dies! Those sweet trees and adorable deer add just the right embellishment to finish the card 🙂
Oh my gosh, I love love love the fonts and sayings in this Hostess Set! It’s called Dare to Dream and it just has the best words in it! I am a huge fan of mixing fonts and this set makes it super simple to pair two fonts perfectly for just the right look 🙂 So cute and easy!
- I used a scrap of watercolor paper and watercolor washed sections in Sweet Sugarplum and Soft Sky. After they dried, I stamped the balloon outline on top of the washes and then cut out the balloons.
- The square window is cut with a Layering Squares die, whatever size you like. After this “window” was cut into the watercolor paper, I went back and lightly watercolor washed around the window in Soft Sky.
- Dimensionals under the watercolor paper base and under the balloons add tons of dimension to this card. It is super simple and came together quickly but the extra dimension makes the entire card pop 🙂
I hope this project inspires you to dare to adventure in your craft room today!
All supplies are available at the links to my store below:
I am supah excited to share this year’s December Daily project Stampin’ Up style! My bestie Kimberly Van Diepen and I created the cutest Hello December 2016 Project Life album for you to capture your family memories during the holidays.
Are you daunted by taking on this project during December when everything is already cray cray??? No worries! Just get the project parts and be thoughtful during the month to capture pics for your album. You can put the whole thing together after the new year when things slow down or even when you are getting some me time between Christmas and New Years. You can sit down with a nice cup of cocoa or coffee or ….. your beverage of choice and put your album together. I promise our step by step instructions make this super fast! It should only take an hour or two depending on your crafting style to put the album together.
Next up, you will want to print and select your photos for your album. If you need help printing pics for Project Life, I highly recommend using the Project Life app and printing at Walgreens or Walmart. You can do your edits and upload right from your phone while you watch TV 🙂 Both stores support cute little 2×2’s and you can also edit with the app so that you are doing your 2×2’s or 3×4’s in 4×6 format and only paying for one print and then cutting them up. Just ask me if this is confusing 🙂
After you have your fun pics, you just pop them into the album and add some quick journaling to remind you and yours of the things that you want to remember from the season.
I so wish that this kind of memory keeping was available when my kids were little….I am recording our lives now in bits and pieces and it is so much fun!
Here is a sneaky peek of the album cover….the PDF that is absolutely **FREE** with the purchase of the things you need to create the album shows you exactly how to create this cute cover art. See my classes tab for more information!
Wait there is more!!!! Right now through November 28th some of the things needed to put the album together are on sale!!! Total purchase price is $47 + Tax&Shipping. After the sale ends the price is $51 + Tax&Shipping.
You only need to purchase the following items from my online store to get the PDF and a video walk-through of the album for FREE:
Don’t miss the Online Extravaganza sale this week! It starts on November 21st and runs through November 28th!